Benefits of Lactation Cookie Dough
- Increased Milk Production
- Added Nutrients, Healthy Fats, & Fiber
- Can Help Fight Baby Blues
- Prevent Iron Deficiency
- Help with Cracked Nipples
- And More!
Are these safe to eat while pregnant?
Yes! All of the ingredients in our Milk Made edible dough are compatible for pregnancy and nursing.
How much should I eat to increase milk production?
Every mom is different and will respond differently! We suggest eating 2-3 cookie sized scoops daily to start, increasing or decreasing depending on your results.
Are results guaranteed?
Although we cannot guarantee results, we believe in the ingredients we work with and ensure a delicious dough every time. The ingredients we have chosen together with Spoonably Sweet are galactagogues, or foods that are known to increase milk production. Over 5 of our ingredients are known to help- such as Flaxseed, Wheat Germ, Pumpkin Seeds, Oats, Brewer’s Yeast, and Coconut Oil.
*We do not include Fenugreek due to the fact that it isn’t effective for everyone, and may even decrease milk production! We’ve done our research so you get the best product possible.
Here’s some more info on our chosen ingredients and their benefits!
- Oats are a must for breastfeeding mothers. They are high in fiber and full of iron, protein and complex carbohydrates. Low levels of iron in the body can actually reduce milk supply.
- Brewer’s yeast, most commonly known for its use in the production of beer, contains iron, protein, B vitamins, chromium, selenium and various other trace minerals. Not only does it promote milk supply, it is believed to help with fatigue and the “baby blues.”
- Flaxseed has good fats and enzymes, which are important for increasing the content of breast milk.
- Wheat germ is beneficial because it contains zinc, which is a must for breastfeeding. Zinc aids the immune system and even helps to protect cracked nipples, a common occurrence when breastfeeding. Like brewer’s yeast, it is also believed to help with postpartum depression.
- Coconut oil has the benefit of increased levels of antimicrobial fats. These fats, lauric acid and capric acid guard against infection from harmful viruses, bacteria, yeast and parasites, thus supporting the baby’s immune system.
*We offer Milk Made as a supplement to help encourage healthy milk production through your diet, and not as a replacement for expert lactation assistance. We highly recommend seeking out a La Leche Leaque group or IBCLC to assist you in your breastfeeding journey if you feel you are struggling.
What ingredients do you use?
Active ingredients are listed above, here’s a full ingredient list! As you may have noticed, our cookie dough is also gluten free and all natural.
Ingredients: Oat Flour, Coconut Oil, Cranberries, Raisins, Golden Raisins, Peanuts, Almonds, Roasted Pumpkin Seeds, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Brown Sugar (Molasses, Cane Sugar), Wheat Germ, Brewer’s Yeast, Sunflower and Canola oils used in fruit and nut blend, Salt, Natural Flavors.
Contains Almond, Peanut.
What is the shelf life?
Our cookie dough lasts for 6 months in the cupboard! This is a lot longer than any other cookie product on the market, that may go stale at 3 weeks or arrive to you frozen.
My cookie dough is too hard, what can I do?
Coconut oil hardens when cool and softens when it is warm. If it is too extreme of a temperature, set it in the fridge or a warm area for a few minutes to cool or warm the dough as needed.
How do I purchase Milk Made?
Each jar is priced at $8. We are accepting online orders now through the link below! Shipping is free for orders over $50. We are proud to be stocked locally at Le Bébé Chic Boutique!
PLEASE NOTE: The information on this page has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products offered are not clinical, pharmaceutical, or intended to diagnose or treat any condition.